- News & Events
We have developed an integrated system offering cyclists, regardless of discipline, the ability to quickly, easily, and efficiently mate our water bottles to their bicycles. The system’s patent pending design is comprised of a combination of complementary geometries as well as a magnetic pair of rare earth metals. These two features provide a cyclist with an unparalleled user experience with many advantages over other bottle & cage implementations.
The system we’ve designed incorporates a series of advantages which makes it superior to others on the market:
- Improved Aesthetics: The mount essentially disappears from sight when a bottle is on the bike, and when the bottle is not on the bike the size and shape of the mount blend in with your bike, therefore maintaining the bike’s aesthetics.
- Freedom of Bottle Design: By incorporating a channel to mirror the shape of the edge16 mount, the bottle is now free to take whatever shape desired.
- Freedom of Location: With its diminutive size and reduced travel to detach a bottle, bicycle manufacturers now have more options with respect to where our mount is placed on the bike.
- Freedom of Movement: The rare earth magnets allow you to bring the bottle and bracket together more liberally than with a traditional system requiring the bottom of the bottle to align almost perfectly with the mouth of the cage.
- Reduced Bottle Travel: This system requires no more than an inch of travel before the bottle and mount are free of one another compared to over 3 inches for other bottles & cages.
- Fits in Tighter Clearances: With the reduced travel to detach/attach the bottle, smaller frames can now easily accommodate two (2) 24oz. bottles.
- Reduced Motions: Coupled with the special valve housed in the cap, riders now have only three motions (as opposed to 5 with most other systems) in order to take fluids – detach, squeeze, and attach.
- Fewer Ejected Bottles: As you drink over the course of a ride, the system becomes more efficient (as the rare earth magnets take a bigger role in securing the bottle) as less fluids remain in the bottles eliminating the opportunity for bottle ejection.
- Tactile Memory Cues: Whether you are mounting a bottle to the down tube or seat tube, the bottle provides tactile features to assist you in mounting the bottle quickly and efficiently.
When we examined the interaction of how a cyclist rehydrates using other bottles & cages, there were a few notable areas for improvement:
- Reduce the number of steps/motions a cyclist normally performs to get a drink
- Improve the efficiency of the remaining steps/motions
We alsoscrutinized the design and looked for efficiencies with:
- Improved hold
- Weight optimization
What came out of research and subsequent field trials was a system which makes the bottle float on the bike. The interaction between the geometry of the mount and bottle create a seamless fit limiting the bottle on five of the six axes of movement. The remaining axis is tempered by adding a rare earth magnetic pair which negates the effects of vibration and shock loading experienced when riding a bike.
Lastly, we simply wanted a system which offered superior performance while not detracting from the beauty of the bike. We accomplished this by having the mount hidden under the bottle when a bottle is present, and by having a minimal footprint when there are no bottles.
What you get is a system which offers superior performance and restores the beauty of the bicycle.
How It Works
The system is simply elegant in its operation. With one simple motion, the bottle slides on and off the mount. The complementary geometry ensures movement is restricted to one axis. The pair of rare earth magnets (one each in the bottle and mount) interact when they get close to one another and literally snap the bottle out of your hand to hold it securely even when conditions on the road or trail are less than optimal.